The level of consumers exposure to contaminants in the consumption of fish and shellfish products in the Adriatic area of reference is assessed. This activity is linked with the web GIS application functioning, data retrieval and proper analysis.
A risk assessment study provides relevant information for decision makers on contamination on risks of contamination and proper prevention and mitigation strategies.
- Data from supranational GIS system are processed and shared.
- Meeting are organized to share main results of the risk assessment study.
- CAPS2 foresees the implementation of risk assessment studies and related training in the work package 6 (WP6). This activity is linked to the implementation of National Surveillance Plans (WP5) and the web-GIS application functioning (WP4), data retrieval and proper analysis in the Partner Countries involved.
- The first plenary meeting on“WP6 - Training course on risk analysis approaches in food safety”was held in Podgorica in April 2015. The Administration for Food Safety, Veterinary and Phytosanitary Affairs of Montenegro organised a training course in Montenegro, with the scientific support of IZSAM, with the aim to develop basic knowledge and skills for a risk analysis approach to be implemented in the process of data collection and when addressing the contamination of food products. This was to support the proper implementation and management of the national surveillance plans.
- The Ministry of Agriculture of Croatia, with the scientific support of IZSAM, organised in March 2016 in Split, Croatia, a specific plenary meeting on risk assessment to favour the analysis of the preliminary data available from WEB GIS and to establish definitive joint criteria for the risk assessment study.
- Pilot studies were conducted in specific production areas for relevant contaminants in each country involved in CAPS2.
- Risk assessment data were discussed during the final conference of the project and the final study will be provided within the end of the project, assessing the level of consumers exposure to contaminants in the consumption of shellfish products in the whole Adriatic area of reference of the project.